I Put Down My Armor Today
Copyright © 1990 by Veronica Hay
I put down my armor today.
Today, for the very first time, I traded in my warrior for a new one.
The one I held close for so many years no longer suited me.
It was too serious, too full of steel, with too many weapons, even a helmet to shield my face.
For all these years, I’ve gone through the world with this armor encased around me, like a turtle’s shell.
And even though it felt heavy, and it weighed me down, I thought I needed it to protect me.
I have a new warrior now, just as strong though you would not know it.
If you were to look closely, you might see only the tenderness, the vulnerability, the softness.
Do not be fooled by that! Inside is the strongest I have ever been.
I put down my armor today, yet I am unafraid.
I know now thatI do not need steel to protect me, for I no longer need protecting.
I am safe in the knowledge that the only thing I needed protecting from in the first place was myself.
I’m travelling lighter yet stronger now, I put down my armor today.
• SUBSCRIBE to INSIGHTS & INSPIRATIONS by Veronica M. Hay
Delivered to Your Mail Box Every Weekday Morning Here:
• Visit Veronica’s Website Here: http://www.insightsandinspirations.com
• Visit Veronica’s Holistic, Inspirational PRINT & Online Magazine Here:www.peopleandpossibilities.com
• Follow Veronica on Twitter Here: https://twitter.com/veronicahay
• Friend Veronica on Facebook Here: http://www.facebook.com/veronicahay